- Community Voice
Next year, the Lake County Board will update its strategic plan, which serves as a road map for our county government and influences how we prioritize and invest our resources. Residents helped shape the goals and strategies in our plan at a series of community forums back in 2008 and 2012. Take a look at our strategic plan and read about the progress we’re making.
As the County gets ready to update its plan, we want to know what is important to you and your ideas to make our county even better. To help us better understand the community’s top priorities for the County to focus on over the next few years, please submit your thoughts and ideas through this “Community Voice” forum. It’s easy to join the conversation by signing in and sharing what you think.
With this new online tool, you can submit ideas and in turn other residents can comment on your ideas and vote them up or down. Try to be specific and consider the following questions:
• Do you agree with our five strategic goals?
• Are we missing a big issue that is a priority to you?
• What specifically do you recommend as a goal or strategy?
• Why is it important to you and the County?
• How do you suggest that it might be accomplished?
• In what ways should the County reduce/eliminate costs or increase revenues to fund your top priorities?
• What do you think the County will need to do to achieve the quality of life you envision in the future?
The themes and ideas submitted on this forum will be shared with the Lake County Board when the Board reviews and updates the goals and strategies in the strategic plan early next year. (If you would prefer to not participate online, you can provide written comments to the County by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks for sharing your ideas for a better Lake County.