Peterson Rd - From West of IL Rte 83 to West of Alleghany Rd
Limits: Peterson Road starting 550 feet west of IL 83 to 0.5 miles west of Alleghany Rd in the Village of Grayslake and Unincorporated Fremont Township. Alleghany Road from Peterson Road to just south of IL Route 120
Description: Peterson Rd has been reconstructed to a divided four-lane (two lanes in each direction) concrete pavement. The intersection at Alleghany Rd was also improved. An asphalt bike path has been installed.
Resident Engineer: Dan Martinez
Office Number: (224) 513-5262
- 5/6/16 - Crews have installed and turned on the new signals and lights at Peterson and Alleghany. Work continues on planting the medians, finalizing all remaining landscaping, finishing the bike path, and placing the permanent pavement markings.Traffic Impacts: Daily lane closures are planned while the remaining work is finished. Work Zone Speed Limits will remain in effect until the conclusion of the project. Please use caution when driving through the construction zone. Watch for trucks and equipment entering and leaving the job site.
- 3/24/2016 - While the majority of the work for this project was completed in 2015, crews are back on site for some remaining work. They will be grading the medians, planting the medians, finalizing all remaining landscaping, and placing the permanent pavement markings. The traffic signals are scheduled to be installed starting next week.
- 1/11/2016 - The Reconstruction and widening of Peterson Road was opened ahead of schedule at the end of 2015. Now Peterson is a divided four-lane road to accommodate the 20,000 daily drivers in the area, and the intersection at Alleghany Road and Peterson Road has also been improved. Minimal lane closures will be needed to complete the median landscaping, permanent signals, and permanent pavement markings. These items will occur during the winter and spring months when the weather allows crews to work.
- 10/12/2015 - Crews are paving the future eastbound lanes and grading for the bike path connection to Behm Homestead Park.
8/12/2015 - Crews have finished the mainline concrete paving and are starting to pave the turn lanes and small sections. Permanent asphalt and temporary pavement is being paved to prepare for the next traffic switch. The bike path is graded and aggregate is being...
- 7/21/2015 - The project has moved into Stage 1. This work involves the construction of the future westbound lanes. Paving for the new lanes is scheduled to start on Wednesday 7/22. Watch for trucks, watch for workers, and please use caution while traveling through...
- 5/15/2015 - Currently the detention ponds are being constructed along the south side of Peterson. Grading work for the future westbound lanes is underway.