Planning & Reports
Special Topic & Other County Planning Efforts
- Greenleaf Corridor Improvement Plan (PDF)
- Regional Framework Plan Update
- Sustainability Chapter (PDF) incorporating sustainability related goals, policies and indicators.
- Sustainable Building and Development
- Promoting Sustainable Building and Development Practices (PDF) in Lake County best practices for sustainable building and development that can be promoted by Lake County and other local governments
- Alternative Energy Regulation and Information
- Lake County’s amendment to the Unified Development Ordinance for Wind Energy Facilities (PDF)
- Model Ordinances from the Alternative Energy Task Force of Lake County Communities for regulating Wind Energy (PDF) and Solar and Geothermal Energy Systems (PDF)
- Sound Measurement Worksheet (PDF) and Instructions
- Water Supply Planning
- Lake County Water Resources Planning Group - Save Water for Our Future
- Northwest Water Planning Alliance
- Northeastern Illinois Regional Water Supply Planning Group
- Local Food Systems Planning
- CMAP is working with Lake County governments, the College of Lake County and local nonprofits to develop a potential plan for promoting local food system economy in Lake County.
- 2013 Lake County Sustainable Local Food Systems Report (PDF)
- Community Development Planning
- The Community Development Division's Consolidated Plan provides a vision for housing and community development in Lake County
- The Advisory Planning Group and the Lake County Coalition for the Homeless' 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness (PDF) provides a vision for community collaboration towards the elimination of homelessness
- Transportation Planning
- Lake County Division of Transportation is responsible for the County's transportation planning
- Watershed Planning
- Stormwater Management Commission is responsible for watershed planning
- Natural Hazard Mitigation Planning
- All Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan for the County
- School Impact Analysis
- The School Impact Model (PDF) is a quantitative tool that school officials can use to analyze the fiscal impact of a new residential development on their district.
Printed copies of many of these plans are available in the Planning Resource Center.
Please call 847-377-2600 for more information.